Sunday, April 8, 2012

second shot at digital concept painting

As a beginner with photoshop, I feel pretty happy with my progress so far. I still feel like I have a lot to learn, so my plan is to keep painting as much as possible in order to gain experience. Once again, I was greatly inspired by concept artist Feng Zhu's Tutorials. usually, he does paintings like these in less than 2 hours, but it obviously took me more time. I included the black and white version so you can see what the the pure values look like.
 close up
close up

With this painting, I cut of both stone lion heads, opened them on a new page, added more details, then pasted them back onto the original painting. That's why they have the most detail.


For those of you who are anxious to see my traditional stuff, don't worry. I will upload some life oil portraits from my painting class pretty soon. 
(This is just the beginning of my photoshop journey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment